Vietnam Airlines Cuts Domestic Fares by 50 Percent
Sept. 7 – The country’s flag carrier, Vietnam Airlines, has announced it will slash fares on domestic flights by 50 percent from September 15 to October 30.
The heavily discounted rates will include routes coming from the capital, Hanoi and the financial center, Ho Chi Minh City. The discounted prices will range from VND400,000 to VND860,000 per flight following the routes below:
- Hanoi to Vinh
- Ho Chi Minh City/Phu Quoc to Can Tho/Rach Gia
- Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang/Dalat
- Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nagn/Hue/Tam Ky
- Danang to Dalat
- Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City/Buon Me Thuot/Dalat/Nha Trang/Quy Nhon/Tuy Hoa, Can Tho
- Ho Chi Minh City to Vinh/Haiphong/Dong Hoi
The airline is currently state owned although there are pending plans to open the company to private investment eventually. The company was established in 1989 with hubs located at Noi Bai International Airport and Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
- Previous Article U.S. Companies Consider Vietnam the Most Attractive Destination in ASEAN
- Next Article Authorities Urged to Improve FDI Licensing Procedures