Circular Issued on Preferential ASEAN Import Tariff
IMPORT AND EXPORT ISSUES
Circular No.161/2011/TT-BTC dated November 17, 2011 issued by The Ministry of Finance guiding preferential import tariff of Vietnam to implement the ASEAN Goods Trade Agreement in the period 2012-2014.The Vietnam’s special preferential import tariff to implement the ASEAN Goods Trade Agreement in the period 2012-2014 is issued with this Circular. The applicable tax rate is abbreviated as ATIGA rate. In which:
- The column “Code of goods” and “Description of goods” are built based on AHTN 2012 and categorized in the 8-digit level.
- The column “ATIGA tax rate (%)”, the tax rate applied for each year will apply from January 01 to the end December 31 of that year, beginning from 2012 until 2014.
- The imported goods must satisfy the following conditions to be able to apply ATIGA tax rate:
- Under the special preferential import tariff issued together with this Circular
- Imported from the ASEAN member countries into Vietnam, including the following countries.
- State of Brunei Da-ru-sa-lam
- Kingdom of Cambodia
- The Republic of Indonesia
- The Democratic Republic of Laos
- Federation of Malaysia
- The Union of Myanmar
- Republic of the Philippines
- The Republic of Singapore
- The Kingdom of Thailand
- The Socialist Republic of Viet Nam (goods from the non-duty region imported into the domestic market)
- Being transported directly from exporting countries which are ASEAN members defined above, to Vietnam, as prescribed by the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
- Satisfying the regulation on the origin of goods on ASEAN Goods Trade Agreement; having the certificate of origin of ASEAN goods form D (abbreviated as C/O form D) as prescribed by the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
The Circular takes effect from January 1st, 2012.
Asia Briefing Ltd. is a subsidiary of Dezan Shira & Associates. Dezan Shira is a specialist foreign direct investment practice, providing corporate establishment, business advisory, tax advisory and compliance, accounting, payroll, due diligence and financial review services to multinationals investing in China, Hong Kong, India, Vietnam, Singapore and the rest of ASEAN. For further information, please email email@example.com or visit www.dezshira.com.
Stay up to date with the latest business and investment trends in Asia by subscribing to our complimentary update service featuring news, commentary and regulatory insight.
Developing Your Sourcing Strategy for Vietnam
In this issue of Vietnam Briefing Magazine, we outline the various sourcing models available for foreign investors – representative offices, service companies and trading companies – and discuss how to decide which structure best suits the sourcing needs of your business.