A Guide to Vietnam’s Holiday Schedule
HANOI – Vietnam has a variety of holidays throughout the year. What follows below is a list of the public holidays for the country. It should be noted that where the public holidays as prescribed below coincide with a weekly day-off, the employee shall be entitled to take the succeeding compensatory day-off instead.
- International New Year’s Day (+1 extra day of choice for foreign workers in Vietnam). Note: Employees who are foreign citizens working in Vietnam also receive an additional day off for international New Year’s and one day off for their own country’s National Day.
January 28 – February 5:
- Tet Holiday/Lunar New Year
- Vietnamese Kings’ Commemoration Day
- Liberation Day/Victory Day
- International Labor Day
- Independence Day
You can stay up to date with the latest business and investment trends across India by subscribing to Asia Briefing’s complimentary update service featuring news, commentary, guides, and multimedia resources.
ASEAN Public Holiday Schedule for 2014
India Announces 2014 Holiday Schedule
China Announces Official 2014 National Holiday Schedule
Positive Economic Numbers for Vietnam in 2013: Strong Outlook for 2014
- Previous Article Vietnamese Consumers Hungry for their First Taste of McDonald’s
- Next Article Vietnam and the TPP Traverse Rough Seas Towards Promised Land