Which industries can be foreign owned?
Investors from ASEAN, the United States and Europeand countries are increasingly moving capital into projects in Vietnam, because of its highly attractive environment, and strategic business location.
Vietnam allows 100% foreign ownership in most of its sectors, including trading, manufacturing, IT, education sectors and more. For this reason, the country is viewed as being relatively wide open for foreign investors to enter the market and setup an LLC or other type of business entity.
However, a small number of business fields are limited for foreign-investment, and require that a foreign investor form a joint-venture with a local partner. These include:
- Advertising services;
- Agriculture, hunting, and forestry related services;
- Telecommunication services;
- Travel agencies; Tour operator services; Entertainment services;
- Electronic gaming businesses;
- Container handling; Customs clearance services; Auxiliary transport services;
- Internal waterways transport, rail and road transport services.
This article features major opportunities within Vietnam industries for foreign investment in the following sections.